Cakes can be tricky business sometimes, but not this beauty! In what might possibly be the easiest cake recipe ever, all you have to do is throw all the ingredients in one bowl, mix together with a wooden spoon and you’re good to go. It’s beautiful served warm with a nice drizzle of cream or cut into squares and served at room temperature with a cuppa. Happy baking!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 green apples, cored & cut into large chunks (no need to peel)
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries (use frozen cherries if not in season)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Mix everything together in a large bowl.
2. Pour into a rectangle or square cake tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here