If you like something a little sweet but don’t want something sugar-filled, this alternative dessert could be just the ticket! Light, fruity and all natural – it’s perfect in this hot weather.
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 75g honey
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- A pinch of salt
- Chill the coconut milk in the fridge for at least 2 hours, so that the coconut cream floats to the top. You only need to use the cream.
- Place the egg yolks, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop out the chilled coconut cream from the top of the tin into a bowl and beat with a whisk or spoon until stiff.
- In separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites and sea salt until stiff.
- Fold the lemon mixture into the coconut cream, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here