If you want to try something new this summer this recipe is worth a go. Using seasonal avocado and a pasta of your choice this light dish can be on your table in just 20 minuets! The creaminess of the avocado is sure to make this dish a winner with your family.
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn, canned kernels
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 12 oz spaghetti
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Bring to the boil a pot of water. Place pasta inside and follow packet instructions to cook pasta.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and put aside for garnishing.
- Place avocado, basil leaves, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper inside a food processor and combine ingredients till they are a smooth and creamy paste.
- Once pasta is cooked and strained mix the avocado paste through the pasta.
- Evenly distribute the corn and cherry tomatoes over the top of the pasta and serve while hot.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here