This great bacon casserole is a favourite in our house! It’s so tasty and creamy, you’ll want to make it often.
- Approx 4 large spuds, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion
- Approx 300 to 400g bacon pieces
- 2 – 3 handfuls grated cheese
- Large can creamed corn
- Large tomato, thinly sliced (optional)
- Fry onion in a little oil and add bacon pieces and cook till lightly browned. Take off heat and stir in creamed corn.
- Layer in casserole bacon mix, cheese, spuds with bacon mix at top.
- Top with optional tomato slices and layer of cheese.
- Cover and cook at 180° for 45 mins.
- Remove lid and cook additional 15 minutes.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Originally published here