Chocolate self-saucing pudding is the kind of dessert that’s usually saved for special occasions. It can sometimes be a bit fiddly, but this recipe is as easy as mix and microwave! Macadamia meal is used instead of regular flour so it has the added bonus of being gluten free, too. Sure there’s sugar and Nutella in it, but when it comes to a dessert like this it’s the little wins that count!
- 1/4 cup macadamia meal (you’ll find this near the nuts and dried fruit at your supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Vanilla ice cream or cream, to serve
1. Combine the macadamia meal, cocoa powder and sugar in a medium bowl. Add the coconut oil, egg and milk and mix until smooth. Spoon 3/4 of the mixture into a 1 1/4 cups (310ml) capacity microwave safe mug. Spoon the Nutella into the centre and cover with the remaining cake mixture.
2. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Carefully remove mug from microwave as it will be hot.
3. Serve dusted with icing sugar and topped with vanilla ice cream.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here