Thanks to our hot and steamy summer weather over the holiday season, Christmas often calls for a light and refreshing drink to keep you cool and keep the good times flowing, too! This delicious cocktail is perfect for an adult-only treat on a hot Christmas day and is a great way to start the festivities. It’s light, refreshing and so delicious you’ll be going back for seconds all day!
- 2 cucumbers
- Small ice cubes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
1. Cut 4 thin spears from 1 cucumber, and reserve for garnish. Peel remaining cucumbers, and quarter lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with a spoon, and discard. Coarsely chop cucumbers, then puree in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add mint, sugar, and lime juice, and shake. Add 3/4 cup cucumber juice, the vodka, and Cointreau, and shake. Strain into 4 glasses filled with ice. Garnish each cocktail with a cucumber spear.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here