A hearty bowl of chicken soup is just what the doctor ordered as we head into the cooler months of the year. This recipe is super easy to make and is cooked and ready serve in under 30 minutes – making it the perfect option for a quick, no fuss dinner any night of the week. Serve it up with some nice crusty bread and you’re good to go!
- 20g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and sliced
- 1 litre Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
- 2 x 420g cans creamed corn
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the stock, creamed corn, corn kernels and sugar. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is very tender and you’re happy with the consistency.
2. Remove from the heat and stir through the sour cream, salt and pepper. Top with the coriander and serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here