This delicious treat has to be one of the best slices out there! A classic cheesecake and jelly combination that wins over everyone who tries it – it’s a must try! This version uses chocolate biscuits for the base, but you can swap them out for plain biscuits if you prefer. Likewise for the jelly on top; we’ve used mango but you can pick your favourite flavour and run with it. It comes out perfect every time and is such a great treat to have when you have visitors or just want something special to brighten up your day! Enjoy!
- 125g chocolate biscuits, processed to fine crumbs
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 375g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200ml cream
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 85g packet jelly crystals (whatever flavour you like)
1. Line base and sides of a 3.5cm deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan with baking paper. Combine biscuit crumbs and butter. Press into base of lined pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in cream. Place water into a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat gelatine into filling until combined.
3. Pour filling over base. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until set.
4. Meanwhile, make jelly, following packet directions. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour into a shallow dish. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until jelly starts to thicken (like consistency of thickened cream). Pour jelly over cheesecake. Refrigerate for a further 3 hours or until jelly is set. Cut into squares to serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.