Warm winter pudding don’t have to mean spending hours slaving away in the kitchen! This amazing recipe takes only minutes to make and tastes just as good those that have had hours of work poured into them. Take a major shortcut by using muffins as your base and then bring it all together with butter, saltanas (optional) and and a rich and delicious sticky toffee sauce. It’s best served with a big ol’ scoop of vanilla ice cream or a nice dollop of thickened cream. Yum!
- 4 large chocolate muffins, crumbled
- 50g large sultanas or chopped dates (optional)
- small knob of butter, for greasing
For the sauce
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 50g butter
- 75ml double cream
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the muffins with the sultanas. Divide between 4 buttered ramekins or one baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 8 mins until just warmed through.
2. Meanwhile, place the sugar, butter and cream in a small pan and gently heat together, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Pour the sauce over the muffin mixture and serve warm with ice cream.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here