This cheats version of chicken cacciatore really brings the flavour thanks to all the time it spends bubbling away in the slow cooker developing all those wonderful flavours. While traditional versions call for a myriad of ingredients, this one takes out all the fuss and the cost making it perfect for an easy mid-week meal. You’ll get about 6-8 serves out of it, so freeze whatever is leftover and save for a rainy day. Serve with a nice slice of crunchy bread with butter and a few greens.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 800g pasta sauce
- 2 green capsicums, seeded and cubed
- 250g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
1. Put chicken in slow cooker. Top with the pasta sauce, green capsicums, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here