What’s your favourite winter recipe?
Share it below for your chance to win!
It’s the most important meal of the day so you might as well make it a good one! This tasty frittata is the perfect breakfast option as it’s packed with protein to keep you feeling fuller for longer throughout the day. The addition of the veggies mean you get a head start on your two and five, too! You can add whatever you have in the fridge at home — try mushrooms, capsicum, or olives — and take out anything you’re not too keen on.
This recipe makes quite a large frittata, but it will keep well wrapped up in the fridge for a few days.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C. In a large pan, saute potatoes, onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft and cooked through. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs. Add ham, tomato, peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Add cooked potato mixture to egg mixture and mix until combined. Spray a large oven-proof frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in egg and potato mixture. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set up.
Enter your favourite winter recipe in the form below for your chance to win!
To celebrate their new Winter Warmers events, Stockland is giving Starts at 60 readers the chance to win a great winter hamper. Simply fill out the form below to enter!
Click here for full terms and conditions.