Scones are either so simple to make, or really tricky – not everyone is a master at them! But with this three ingredient recipe, we reckon you’ll be a master in no time,
Share your best scone recipe below.
3 cups self raising flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream (not whipped)
1 cup cold lemonade
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Combine the flour, cream and lemonade in a bowl and mix until just combined. Do not over mix – the dough should be soft and fairly sticky.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and gently pat down to 2.5cm/1.2″ thickness.
- Use a 6cm/2.5″ round cutter to cut scones, flouring in between so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Place on a lined or greased tray, slightly touching each other and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden on top.
- Place on rack to cool. Place tea towel over them to stop the tops from getting crusty.
1. Do not substitute the lemonade for a citrus drink! It makes the scones really dense.
2. If you don’t have a round cutter, you can just cut them into squares with a knife.