Do you remember the classic Airstream? It was that big steel caravan that looked almost extra-terrestrial. Well, now it has a baby brother – the Barefoot caravan, designed in Britain for the grey nomad traveller, especially women!
It’s a classy camper, fit out with all the mod cons and complete with retro styling inside and out.
According to the Barefoot website, the camper was hand built in fibreglass, and fitted to the highest standards by Auto-Sleepers, manufacturers of Motorhomes of Excellence, with over 50 years expertise.
The Barefoot Caravan is designed to sleep 2 people and you can choose from three different exterior colours, interior finishes and fabrics to create your own caravan. Other features include:
- Thetford 2 ring gas hob and sink with black glass lids
- Stylish kitchen and wall units with solid oak tops
- 65L compressor fridge with small freezer
- Polyvision Eco windows with fly screens and blinds
- MPK ventilated roof light
- Heating and hot water system
- Onboard water tank 30L and offboard fittings
- Beautiful curved bathroom with toilet, basin, shower, cupboard and mirror
- Comprehensive electrics system including 2x 230 v sockets, 1x 12v socket, 1 USB port
- LED lighting, ceiling lights, reading lights and floor lighting
- L shaped seating that converts to 6 foot squared bed
- Wardrobe, cupboards and lots of cubby holes
- Retro DAB Mini Radio
- 13 inch alloy wheels, plus spare alloy
The Daily Mail reports, it was designed by solicitor Cathy Chamberlain who struggled to find a stylish caravan. It took her three years to get the model right, but now it is in its current form, “the quality is amazing. It really blew everybody away”, she said.
Of her inspiration, Cathy said, “It was a weekend camping trip which inspired me, when I got cold and wet. It goes dark and everybody gets a bit damp.
“I thought, ‘Why is there not a trendy caravan?’
“I searched and searched and searched and saw that there weren’t any. I couldn’t find one, so I decided I would make one.
“I have really made it for myself, to be able to use at festivals. I’ll be taking it to Glastonbury next year. I wanted to make it look nice from the outside as well as the inside.
“We have got real oak in there. It is done to the standard that you would want to have your own home,” she said”.
Take a look at it below and tell us, would you love a stylish caravan like this?