An man accused of being involved in the disappearance of the Beaumont children has died in Adelaide aged 89.
Allan “Max” McIntyre was recently named as a suspect after his son, Andrew, handed police a diary he kept as a child, which allegedly documents the days surrounding January 26, 1966, when the children vanished.
Now there are fears McIntyre’s other son, Danny, could be trying to burn evidence that could link his father to the case with the smouldering remains of three large bonfires seen on his Salisbury property.
Andrew told 7 News: “I think he may be getting rid of my father’s personal belonging which could implicate him,” Andrew said.
He claims the children’s bodies are buried at Stansbury, two hours away from Adelaide, in an old filled-in sinkhole on his father’s property.
“Convinced… My father liked to have his victims close, handy,” Andrew said.
“Exactly how much of a part he played, I’m not sure, but he was a major player in that he disposed of the bodies.”
McIntyre was friends with Anthony Alan Munro, a convicted child sex offender who has previously been investigated by police over the famous cold case.
Andrew recently handed police a diary he kept as a young boy in 1966.
Entries in the diary allegedly document young Andrew’s memories of his father and Munro going to Glenelg beach the day Jane, 9, Arnna, 7, and four-year-old Grant Beaumont went missing.
Andrew says he recalls his father and Munro being upset when they returned from the beach.
He also reportedly claimed he saw blood and sand in Munro’s car.