This is a simple seasonal salad with potatoes, asparagus and haloumi cheese. The creamy lemon and buttermilk dressing is light and refreshing.
- 650g, kipfler potatoes, washed, thickly sliced diagonally
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 cups haloumi cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon rind, one 5cm-piece, grated and another 5cm-piece, cut into thin strips to garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- Oil spray
- Boil potatoes for 8–10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue on high. Lightly spray the potato and asparagus with oil. Chargrill the potato for 1–2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Chargrill the asparagus, turning, for 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to the platter with the potato.
- Combine the buttermilk, grated lemon rind, lemon juice and mustard in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over potato and asparagus. Serve sprinkled with the chives and strips of lemon rind.