This chicken, spinach and artichoke pizza could well become your new favourite. It’s so tasty!
Moving away from the traditional meat lovers style of pizza that tends to dominate in our home, this chicken, spinach and artichoke pizza is a sneaky way of adding ‘greens’ to your meal. I used a simple garlic and olive oil sauce (as per the recipe), but you could try a creamy base by using alfredo sauce (it’s easy to make yourself, or you could buy from the supermarket).
- 1 pizza base (store bought is totally fine)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 400g jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Brush pizza base with 2 tablespoons olive oil until evenly coated.
- In a sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and spread the onion-garlic mixture evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 2.5cm border.
- Layer spinach, artichokes and chicken evenly. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden. Remove pizza immediately and top with Parmesan and pine nuts.
- Buon appetito!