I love pasta, and a pasta dish where I can incorporate prosciutto is even better! The simple ingredients make this an easy dish to throw together.
As delicious as this tagliatelle with prosciutto and butter beans recipe is, I personally feel fresh or frozen peas would have been a better option.
- 500g tagliatelle
- 1 1/2 cups butter beans or peas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 180g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 16 sage leaves
- 1 cup Parmesan, finely grated, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally and adding butter beans about 2 minutes before pasta is done, until al dente. Drain pasta and beans, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium heat until frothy. Tear prosciutto slices into bite-size pieces and add to pot along with sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until prosciutto is golden brown and beginning to crisp. Remove from heat and let sit until pasta is done.
- Add pasta, beans, Parmesan, and 1 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid to pot with prosciutto and return to medium heat. Cook, tossing vigorously and adding more pasta cooking liquid if needed, until saucy and pasta is coated, about 30 seconds. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve topped with more Parmesan.