Got some friends coming over for a casual get-together? This recipe for stuffed mushrooms with sage and brie is sure to be enjoyed.
Served with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice and a scattering of parsley, and this dish is perfect for weekend entertaining.
- 8 Portobello mushrooms
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 125g fresh breadcrumbs
- 200g Brie cheese (you could also use Taleggio), rind removed, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place mushrooms on a lined baking tray. Season.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add butter, oil, onion, garlic and sage, and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs to onion mixture and stir to combine. Add half the cheese and the egg. Season. Combine well, then spoon generously into the mushrooms. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place mushrooms in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden on top. Serve.