This is a delightful meat-free dish that can be served as an entree or appetiser. If you want to make a meal out of it, I’d suggest adding a can of protein-rich chickpeas (rinsed and drained).
It’s a simple and healthy meal that can be whipped up in no time!
- 1/2 medium pumpkin, cut into 2cm wedges
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne/hot paprika (more if you like the heat)
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 60g marinated goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Arrange pumpkin wedges on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and herbs and spices.
- Bake for 15 minutes on side, then 15 minutes on their back, then 15 minutes on the other side until pieces are golden and soft.
- Place slices on a plate and crumble goats cheese on top as well as extra thyme.