Use the potatoes left over from your Christmas lunch or dinner to make this amazing refried roast potatoes. It’s the perfect recipe for a Boxing Day spread.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 small pickled onions , cut in half
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- A few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 500g leftover or defrosted frozen cooked roast potatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the pickled onions and fry for 3-4 mins until they get nicely caramelised.
- Add cayenne and thyme leaves, then tip the roasties into the pan along with another 1 tablespoon oil.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to squash each one slightly. Leave alone for 3-4 minutes to fry and get extra crisp on one side, then give them a good toss.
- Add remaining oil, toss and fry again for extra crispiness. Season to taste and serve warm with Christmas leftovers.