You don’t have to spend hours just to whip up something that’s both healthy and delicious. In fact, this super simple corn and zucchini frittata is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get a tasty meal without feeling guilty about what you’re putting in your body!
Not only is it a big crowd-pleaser but it’s also a dish that’s perfect for any occasion. And that’s the beauty of all frittata recipes – they work well for breakfast, lunch or dinner, making it the perfect all-rounder!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 corn cob, husks and silk removed
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring (pure) cream
- 60g pkt baby rocket
- 200g Perino tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g marinated goat’s cheese, drained (reserving 1 tbs marinade), crumbled
- Heat half the oil in a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until onion softens. Transfer to a bowl. Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 mins or until just tender.
- Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to release the kernels.
- Preheat grill on medium. Add onion and corn to the zucchini in pan and spread over the base. Whisk eggs and cream in a jug. Season. Pour over the zucchini mixture in pan. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 mins or until almost set. Cook under grill for 5 mins or until set. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Top the frittata with rocket, tomato, parsley and goat’s cheese. Season. Drizzle with reserved marinade.