A fun twist on a traditional quiche, these mini versions are also heart healthy, low calorie, low carb, gluten free and diabetic friendly! What’s more, you can store the leftovers (ha!) in an airtight container in the freezer for a few months. They are very moreish, so don’t say I didn’t warn you!
- Non-stick cooking oil spray
- 12 slices low-sodium cooked ham, rounded
- 1 1/4 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Line prepared muffin cups with ham. Divide tomatoes, green onions, basil and pepper among cups. Top with cheese. Crack eggs over tomato mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and a knife comes out clean. Cool in cups for 5 minutes. Remove from cups. Serve warm.