There’s nothing better than a cheap and easy dinner option, and these tuna and vegetable fritters are the perfect go-to! With just 10 minutes preparation time and a handful of ingredients, there’s nothing better than whipping these up on a busy night.
One of the best parts by far is the fact that these easy fritters are also good for your insides! Packed with light and easy ingredients, you won’t need to feel guilty about going back for seconds or thirds with these dinner treats!
- 2 large coliban potatoes, peeled, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 5 eggs
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g baby spinach
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place potato, zucchini, carrot, tuna, flour and 1/4 cup parmesan in a large bowl. Lightly beat 1 egg. Add to mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large, deep non-stick frying pan to cover base. Heat over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup mixture to pan. Flatten with a spatula. Repeat to make 3 more fritters. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 fritters in total.
- Carefully wipe pan clean. Heat olive oil in pan. Crack remaining eggs into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes for sunny-side up or until cooked to your liking. Place fritters on serving plates. Top with fried eggs and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Serve with spinach and lemon wedges.