This creamy soup is a fantastic comfort food that will have you and everyone who tries it heading straight back to the pot for seconds! With just five easy and affordable ingredients, this mouthwatering soup will easily fit into your weekly budget. Serve it up with some crusty bread to soak up all the goodness and you’ll be good to go!
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 750g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- Finely chopped chives, to serve
- Heat large greased saucepan over low heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until onion softens.
- Add stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add peas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until mixture just comes to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Use stick blender to carefully blend until almost smooth. Add half the cream and blend to combine. Season.
- Ladle soup evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining cream and sprinkle with chives to serve.