This chicken dinner dish is a deliciously good option for those looking for a quick and easy dinner meal that is both tasty and easy to whip up. With just a handful of ingredients that won’t break the budget, this will easily become your new favourite.
The good thing about this versatile meal is you can serve it up as either a main meal on its own or alongside any kind of side, from mashed potato to a fresh garden salad. Plus, no matter where you serve this one up, it’ll instantly be a crowd favourite.
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs drained baby capers
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pouring (pure) cream
- 2 tbs finely chopped chives
- 2 tbs finely shredded flat-leaf parsley
- 300g baby white potatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- Place the flour on a large plate. Add the chicken and turn to coat, pressing the flour into the chicken.
- Heat the oil and half the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 mins each side or until chicken is golden brown and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Add lemon slices and cook for 1 min each side or until caramelised. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion, garlic and capers to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the onion softens. Add the lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1 min or until the mixture reduces slightly. Add the stock and cream and bring to the boil.
- Return the chicken and lemon slices to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 mins or until the sauce thickens. Season. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with the chive and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 mins or until just tender, adding the beans in the last 3 mins of cooking. Drain.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among serving plates. Drizzle with the pan juices. Serve with the potato mixture.