This mouthwatering dessert is definitely one you want to have up your sleeve if you’re looking to impress some guests. While it’s not incredibly difficult to whip up, the flavour is absolutely unmatched and will definitely leave people asking you for the recipe.
In just over one hour, you can have this perfect chocolate tart served up and ready to be devoured by family and friends or even just yourself. And with the chocolatey dough pastry base and a creamy filling, this one will be polished off in no time at all!
- 100g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (160g) raspberry jam
- 125g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 375g raspberries, extra
- 1 1/4 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (55g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs chilled water
- To make the chocolate pastry, place the flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a food processor. Process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water. Process until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Line a 24cm (base measurement) round tart tin with removable base with the pastry. Use a small knife to trim the edges. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 mins. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 8 mins or until dry to the touch. Remove from oven. Reduce oven to 180C.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Stir in the almond meal, flour and cocoa powder.
- Spread jam evenly over the pastry base. Sprinkle with half the raspberries. Add the remaining raspberries to the chocolate mixture and gently fold to combine. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the jam and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 mins or until the filling is set. Set aside to cool completely.
- Decorate tart with extra raspberries and cut into wedges to serve.