Finding the perfect dish to serve up to guests when you’re hosting events can be incredibly difficult. When there’s a large number of people that are dining with you, the pressure is always on to provide a dish that is not only simple to whip up but also something that will be universally enjoyed by all guests.
This creamy and delicious mousse is great for those occasions! Not only is it super simple to prepare but you can make it in advance to avoid being stuck in the kitchen all night. It mixes two classic flavours together for an addictive twist that is guaranteed to impress the whole table.
- 300g good-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- grated dark chocolate, to serve
- Place milk chocolate in large, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with metal spoon until completely melted. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Add egg yolks to chocolate. Gently stir until well combined.
- Beat egg whites in bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Sprinkle sugar over egg whites. Beat until thick and glossy. Using large metal spoon, fold half egg white mixture into chocolate mixture until combined. Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold cream and hazelnuts into chocolate mixture until combined. Spoon mixture into twelve 1/3-cup capacity glasses. Place on tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Top with grated chocolate just before serving