If you’re on the hunt for a simple, healthy treat that will be perfect for lunch or dinner, you can’t go past this super-easy spinach pie! Not only is the cheesy, quiche-style filling the best for a lighter meal, but it’s also one of the quickest recipes you’ll come across as it mostly involves throwing everything in the pan and then into the oven. Serve this one up all on its own or alongside some fresh garden salad for something a bit extra. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese (500g)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 4 cup-capacity, 23cm (base) pie dish. Place on a baking tray. Wash spinach. Pat dry with paper towel. Roughly chop. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a plate. Cool for 20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare remaining ingredients.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 1 minute or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place spinach in a sieve. Using the back of a large spoon, press liquid from spinach. Add spinach, dill, feta and tasty cheese to onion mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon over base of prepared dish.
- Whisk eggs and flour together in a jug (mixture will be a little bit lumpy). Gradually add milk, whisking to combine. Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until risen, lightly browned and set. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad.