This seafood-style rissole is definitely bound to catch the attention of your family and friends! With just a handful of quick and easy ingredients, you won’t have to go out of your way to organise this one.
In fact, you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen! So next time there’s a sweet sale on salmon, try whipping some up into these mouthwatering seafood rissoles. Enjoy!
- 4 potatoes
- 20g butter
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 210g can pink salmon or red salmon, drained, flaked
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Flour, for rolling
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- Pinch dill, chopped
- Salad, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain well. Mash with butter until almost smooth. Season to taste.
- Add breadcrumbs, salmon, green onions, lemon zest and juice, and egg to potato mixture. Mix well. Allow to cool slightly. Shape into 8 oval patties. Roll in flour shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook patties in 2 batches for 5-6 minutes, turning once, until golden and heated through. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, to make the caper mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, capers and a little chopped dill. Set aside.Serve salmon patties and caper mayonnaise and accompany with salad.