This Italian-inspired seafood recipe is quick and easy, perfect for midweek meals. It’s creamy, but it’s light and the lemon adds a delightful zest.
- 375g dried fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp drained baby capers
- 350g skinless boneless salmon fillets, cut into 3-4 cm pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 300ml light cooking cream
- 60g rocket
- 60g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return pasta to the saucepan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook capers, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until they burst. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
- Add salmon to the pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to the plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add cream. Cook for 2 minutes or until the cream reduces slightly.
- Stir the pasta, rocket, spinach, lemon juice and half the parsley into the cream mixture. Season. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Gently toss through the salmon. Sprinkle with capers and remaining parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, if using.