This delicious dish will instantly be a hit with your dinner guests – no matter how fussy they may be! Not only does it include a mouthwatering pesto mix but it’s also served with a side of delicious roasted tomatoes that will be bursting with flavour from your very first bite!
You can try this meal as a quick and easy dinner dish, or simply as a last-minute, gourmet-tasting feed as a treat for yourself! With just a handful of ingredients and a super simple recipe, this dish comes with all the flavour but absolutely no stress! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 85g mascarpone
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g breadcrumb, preferably from day-old bread
- 175g baby tomatoes, on the vine
- 40g basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 25g pine nuts, toasted, plus extra to serve
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- For pesto, in a small food processor, whizz together basil leaves, toasted pine nuts, parmesan, garlic and olive oil.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C. Use small sharp knife to make slit along the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Mix together 3 tbsp of homemade pesto and mascarpone, then carefully spoon a quarter of the mixture into each chicken breast and smooth over the opening to seal.
- Brush a little oil, about 1 tsp, all over each chicken breast and season well. Tip breadcrumbs onto a large plate and season. Place each breast on the plate and press all over with the breadcrumbs. Place in a lightly oiled shallow baking dish along with the tomatoes (kept together on the vine in a couple of bunches). Drizzle over the remaining oil.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken starts to turn golden and is cooked through. Scatter over the pine nuts and cook for 2 mins more. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve with new potatoes or crusty bread.