This is one of those ‘set and forget’ recipes because you’ll be using your slow cooker to get the job done. You can cook this deliciously creamy chicken stroganoff without the slow cooker, so don’t be put off by the instructions.
You’ll end up with a very satisfying meal. It’s quick and easy, and there should be enough for leftovers. I recommend serving with mashed potato or buttered pasta and some steamed greens.
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 420g tin condensed cream of chicken soup
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 150g sour cream
- Place onion and garlic in the bowl of a slow cooker. Toss sliced chicken in paprika with 1 teaspoon of salt, then arrange evenly on top of onion. Pour over chicken soup and half a cup of water. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add mushrooms and sour cream and stir to combine. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if required. Serve.