This Spanish-style soup should definitely be the next thing you add to your cooking list! With just a handful of ingredients and a super simple recipe, this mouthwatering meal really is one of the best out there.
Not only is it super easy and low-effort, but thanks to its Spanish-roots, the flavour is absolutely exploding out of the bowl. This is definitely all thanks to the chorizo that helps to add some exciting spice while the potato calms your palette down, all in one tasty bite. Serve it up with some crusty bread and you’re good to go!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 500g desiree potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 litre salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli akes
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add paprika and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add potato, capsicum, corn, tomato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with chilli and extra parsley. Serve with crusty bread.