The sharpness of the mango and raspberries combined with the sweetness of vanilla, chocolate and cream make this a most delicious tart.
Serve it as a delicious dessert post-Christmas and New Year.
- 320g ready rolled shortcrust pastry sheet
- 50g white chocolate, chopped
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1 ripe mango
- Preheat oven to 200C/180 fan-forced.
- Unroll the pastry on a floured surface, then roll out to line a 22cm shallow, fluted tart in. Trim the edges, cover with baking paper and baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Scatter the chocolate in the base of the hot pastry case. Leave for 5 minutes to melt, then spread over the inside of the case with the back of a teaspoon — this will help to keep the pastry crisp after you add the filling. Allow to set.
- In a bowl, mash 200g of the raspberries with the vanilla extract and icing sugar. Whisk the cream into stiff peaks then fold in the raspberry mixture. Spoon into the pastry case and level the top.
- Peel the mango and cut the flesh from either side of the stone. Slice thinly and arrange on top of the tart in a flower shape. Scatter with the remaining raspberries and serve.