The ultimate treat just got a million times easier with the help of the trusty microwave! All of a sudden, a dessert that could’ve taken around an hour to whip up can be baked to perfection in just 25 easy minutes.
Chocolate pudding is not only an absolutely delicious dessert to serve up for yourself, but it’s definitely one of the best crowd-pleasers for everyone else to sink their teeth into. Simply top it off with some vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 75g butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Caramel ripple or honeycomb ice-cream, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Place milk and butter in a 6cm-deep, 8 cup-capacity, microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring halfway through cooking, or until butter has melted.
- Stir in vanilla, caster sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Level top with a spatula. Press chocolate into batter. Sprinkle with remaining cocoa powder and brown sugar. Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover batter.
- Place dish on an upturned microwave-safe plate. Cook, uncovered, on medium (50%) for 10 to 13 minutes or until a skewer inserted into edge of pudding comes out clean. Set aside for 1 minute. dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice-cream.