This is the perfect recipe for anyone who is managing diabetes. I loved that these muffins were low calorie and low fat. The mix of fruit and vegetables is perfectly balanced and very tasty. These muffins would make a great bite for breakfast too, as they are essentially made out of muesli ingredients!
Makes 36 mini or 12 large muffins
- 1 1/2 cups natural muesli
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 large apple, grated (I used a Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk (substitute for almond or soy if you like)
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place muesli, flour, sugar, carrot, apple, sultanas and pecans in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, oil and milk. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 3 x 12 hole mini muffin tin or 1 x 12 hole regular muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes (if mini) or 30 minutes (full sized).