There are few dishes that boast as much flavour as tiramisu. This classic Italian dish has been around for so many years thanks to its superb taste and the fact that it requires minimal effort if you use a few handy shortcuts. This particular recipe is done in 30 minutes although it needs overnight chilling in the refrigerator so you’re best making it the night before you plan to serve it up. While it’s not very difficult to whip up, it still tastes just like a gourmet dessert dish that absolutely everyone will go crazy for. Make this to impress any special guests you have coming over or just to treat your closest family and friends!
- 250ml strong coffee, cooled
- 2 tbsp Kahlua or Tia Maria or Marsala liqueur
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cream, whipped
- 50ml coffee, cooled (additional)
- 3 tbsp pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 packet (250g) Sponge finger biscuits (also called Savoiardi)
- 100g dark chocolate
- Add liqueur and 200ml of coffee to a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Add mascarpone cheese, vanilla, remaining 50ml of coffee and icing sugar to the bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until light and fluffy. Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Prepare a small 5-6 cup capacity dish. Dip half of the biscuits into the liqueur mixture. Lay along the bottom of the dish. Pour half of the mascarpone mixture over the top. Spread to smooth over top. Repeat with the second half of the biscuits and mascarpone mixture.
- Grate chocolate over the top. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or preferably overnight. Serve.