These super easy dessert treats are a Christmas classic! Not only do their warm, rum flavour remind everyone of the festive season but they’re incredibly easy to make in bulk. You can whip them up in no time at all and even wrap them up as homemade gifts for family and friends!
This recipe is perfect for bringing the grandkids into the kitchen for some help as they’ll love taking responsibility for rolling the balls in the chocolate sprinkles right at the end. Make these in bulk and let yourself snack on something delicious over Christmas and the New Year.
- 1/4 cup (50g) chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- 3/4 cup (65g) desiccated coconut
- 1 bought chocolate cake, crumbled into 2 cups (about 300g)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate sprinkles, to coat
- Add raisins and 1 tablespoon of the rum to a small saucepan over low heat. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add raisin mixture, remaining rum, coconut, cake crumbs and condensed milk to a medium bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper. Spoon tablespoonfuls of mixture onto the tray. Roll into balls. Make sure they’re slightly separated on the tray.
- Pour chocolate sprinkles onto a flat plate. Roll each ball in sprinkles to coat. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.