** FREE SHIPPING **
Medium Perlite is a light, hard, aerated, white mineral, formed from volcanic glass, used in potting mixes to add open and porous drainage, provide aeration to plant roots and hold oxygen, a little moisture and nutrients from soluble fertilisers.
Finer to medium perlite is used for in quality seed-starting mixes or rooting cuttings as the drainage provided encourages rapid root production. Excellent for succulents and orchids. Medium perlite can also be lightly scattered across your lawn’s surface, where over time it’ll work down into the soil and improve drainage.
Perlite in seed raising mixtures encourages quicker germination and improved seedling growth. Seedlings are easily removed from Perlite with little damage to the roots as they transplant with minimum disturbance.
- Inorganic, inert and sterile
- Quicker germination
- Ultra-light weight
- Free from disease, weeds and insects
- Environmentally friendly
- High cation-exchange (or buffering exchange)
- Excellent aeration and drainage characteristics
- High water holding capacity
- Insulating properties
- 5L Bag is packed in 1x5L Resealable Zip Lock Bag (Net Weight approximately 430g)