Woman has ultimate 'you break it you bought it' fail

There is always potential danger when trying on expensive things!

Do you ever get that sinking feeling when you are in a shop full of expensive items.

One woman sure did, while in a jewellery store in China. Sinking feeling from fainting, that is.

Especially after she accidentally broke a bracelet she had just been told was worth almost 300,000 yuan. ($58,000)

The woman was trying on the bracelet, made of jade,  in the store when she was told the price.

She was quick to take it off, understandably, but then the unthinkable happened. She dropped it.

Ad. Article continues below.

She then went pale, sweaty and then fainted.

According to reports in BBC news customers came to her aid, thankfully, but there was no getting away with an apology to the store owners. 

No agreement over the price has been made as yet, but reports say shop staff told the woman she would only have to pay damages of 70,000 yuan. ($13,500) but she said she couldn’t afford that either. 

If talks don’t work the case might head before the courts, police have said.

It also seems their first valuation might have been a bit excessive. Other valuers have said they believed the piece would be worth around 180,000 yuan ($35,000).

What’s the worst thing that has ever happened to you while shopping? Have you ever broken something of value like this?