There are so many things you can use your toastie maker for and one of it is to make this delicious French toast.
Sometimes all we want is an easy morning breakfast that’s also tasty and hearty. Like the French toast. Many people like eating the French toast because it’s very filling, thanks to the eggs, bread and milk in the ingredients. The salty taste of the French toast goes perfectly well with sweet maple syrup and fresh, juicy berries. They aren’t that hard to make but French toasts are usually made in the pan. Now if you don’t want to do a lot of washing and want to try a new and quick way of making a French toast, that’s when a toastie maker comes in handy! This recipe was actually discovered by someone who was desperate to have French toast but ran out of cooking gas. She then decided to experiment with the toastie maker and the result was fantastic! Here’s what you’d need to make this french toast recipe using a toastie maker.
(for two slices of French toast)
Eggs – 1
Milk – 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1-inch stick, or a pinch if powdered
Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – the tiniest pinch
Butter – 1/2 teaspoon
Honey – 1 tablespoon
Bread – 2 slices
Multiply the quantities depending on how many you’re making.
How to make it:
Ad. Article continues below.
1. Crack the egg in a bowl, pour in the milk.
2. Sprinkle salt, sugar and cinnamon.
4. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture. Turn around to coat the bread well with the egg.
5. While you’re working with the egg and bread, pre-heat the toastie maker as per directions on the instrument.
6. When the toastie maker is hot, brush a little butter on the toasting surfaces. Use a flat spatula to lift each egg-coated bread slice gently and place it into the open toastie maker. Before closing the lid, pour the extra whipped egg (if any) over the open surface of the bread slices, taking care that the egg gets soaked by the bread and does not drip outside (if it does, you’ll have some extra cleaning to do later!). Close the sandwich-maker.
7. Cook till done – in some toastie makers, it takes about 5 minutes, signalled by a change of light display. Adapt the time for your toastie-maker. The french toast is done when the egg has cooked through and the bread has been toasted golden. Pry the french toast out of the sandwich maker.
You can enjoy your French toast by pouring some honey over it and add a handful of berries. You can also add cream or ice cream if you like. If you like savoury stuff, why not add some turkey slices or bacon.
Will you try this trick? What is your favourite breakfast food?