Two-ingredient mattress freshener
Sure, we clean our sheets, but how often do we clean our mattress? Even if we have a mattress protector, our mattress can be the breeding ground for germs and smells.
Ad. Article continues below.
But how can you clean your mattress? Not everyone has a steam cleaner and it’s not like you can put it in the wash. Luckily there’s a simply solution that doesn’t require much work!
This mixture helps lift dirt and residue while absorbing moisture. The vacuuming sucks away any lurking dust mites as well.
What you’ll need:
- 500g bicarb soda
- Essential oil of your choosing
- Vacuum cleaner
- Before beginning, flip or rotate the bed.
- Open the box of bicarb soda and add 10 to 20 drops of your favourite essential oil. Close the box and give it a good shake to distribute the essential oil and break up any large clumps.
- Sprinkle the bicarb soda over the bed, using the entire box.
- Rub the bicarb soda mixture into the bed for a deep clean.
- Let it sit for at least an hour.
- After an hour, vacuum the mattress and you’re done!
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today