Let’s face it: no one likes cleaning their shower, especially when there’s mould and soap scum build up. It’s a thankless job and the chemical sprays we use can often leave us feel light-headed and worse for wear.
So how can you clean your shower effectively with a chemical-free spray? We’ve found one that works every time and is safe for the whole family to use.
Homemade shower cleaner
- 1 cup bi-carb soda
- 1/3 cup borax
- ½ cup liquid soap
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 drops essential oil
Ad. Article continues below.
- Place all ingredients into a spray or squeezable plastic bottle and give it a shake
- Apply to shower surface evenly.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes then use a toothbrush to get into any grooves and tiles.
- Wipe off and rinse.
Bonus mould remover!
Tea tree oil is a natural fungicide that has antibacterial and antiseptic properties making it great for removing and preventing mould.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 1 cup of water in a spray bottle.
- Spray onto the affected areas and leave overnight if you like.
- Wipe clean with a damp towel.