Cleaning the toilet less a chore, and more just a crappy job (pardon the pun). No one wants to spend a lot of money on cleaning products, and toilet cleaners are notoriously expensive.
So if you’re tired of trying to clean your loo and want to get it sparkling without nasty chemicals, why not try this simple DIY recipe for fizzy bombs?
Makes ~40 bombs
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup washing soda
- 100ml water
- 10 drops of your favourite essential oil
- spray bottle
- shaped mould
- Wearing gloves, mix the cornstarch, bi-carb, citric acid and washing soda in a large bowl.
- Mix the water and essential oil in the spray bottle.
- Spray the cornstarch mixture with the water mixture. Add the water slowly while you’re mixing.
- When you squeeze the mixture, it should hold its shape.
- Press the mixture into the mould and let dry for at least one hour.
- Place in your toilet tank!
Originally published here