Cable ties (also called zip or zippy ties) have so many uses.
You can buy them in a variety of sizes and colour and best of all, they are cheap!
Here are a few ideas you might not have thought of to put them to good use.
- Packing and need to make more space? Ties can be used with rolled up t-shirts or jeans, for example, to give you more space in a suitcase. There will be plenty of space to pack a few extra ties for the return trip home.
- Ties inserted into the hole in the end of broom handles or mops can then be used to hang them up.
- Cable ties can be great cable organisers. Use them behind the tv or in the computer room to keep them out of sight and to prevent tangles.
- Emergency shoelace repairs? Cable ties can do the trick.
- Flower arrangements. The ties can be used to hold stems together in a vase but can also be used in creating table centrepieces.
- The ties are great for attaching containers onto pretty much anything. Need a basket attached to a lattice wall for gardening supplies? Need a kitchen organiser attached to a bench. Need a series of organisers attached to each other? They can all be achieved by getting creative with cable ties.
- They are especially great for making organiser cupboards out of wire cubes. Even better, you can attach wheels (using cable ties, of course) to make it portable.
- Gardening stake. Not only can you use them with a garden stake for support of a larger item in your garden you can also use them as the garden stake for smaller growing items too.
- If the cable ties are not long enough, make them longer. Attach two or more together and you can have any length you need.
- Best of all, they can be used for emergency repairs.