If you don’t have an environmentally friendly bags you will find that the plastic variety seem to pile up quickly! I always try to remember my environmentally friendly bag but sometimes I will forget and end up collecting a few plastic bags from my trip. It is always good to re-use these as much as possible, so when I do get them I collect them in a cupboard for a time when they will be needed again.
This results in a cupboard that is messy and unorganised. To be honest, I don’t keep anything else in this cupboard because I hate having to open it and fight the flood of plastic bags that come tumbling out.
I didn’t want to purchase a holder for them so I searched for another way to store them and I found a quick and easy solution, I didn’t even need to buy anything!
All you need is an empty tissue box and your bags.
Here is how you do it:
- Take one of your bags and hold it at both ends, pushing out an air that might be trapped inside.
- Push the bag into the tissue box as neatly as you can so that it sits as flat as possible but leave the handles hanging out of the box.
- Take your next bag and hold it at each end, pushing any trapped air out.
- Thread the bottom of the second bag through the handles of the first bag.
- Now begin to lay this second bag into the box on top of the first.
- Again, leave the handles out and repeat with however many you have until you fill the box.
When you need to use a bag next they will easily pull out one by one just like the tissues would. You can even add some decorations to the tissue box if you want.