When a cut avocado goes brown, it can be very frustrating and often a waste… but with this trick you won’t need to worry about having to throw it out.
All you need is:
- A large pot of boiling water
- A slotted spoon
- A bowl of cold water and ice cubes
- Your avocado
Here’s what to do:
- Put your cut, ripe avocado half into a pan of rapidly boiling water.
- Leave the avocado in the water for exactly 10 seconds, no more or no less.
- At exactly 10 seconds, put the avocado into the bowl of ice-cold water and ice cubes with a slotted spoon to stop the avocado from continuing to cook.
- Leave to cool completely then remove from the water and dry with paper towel.
- Place in the fridge – the avocado half should stay green for a day or so longer.
Originally published here