Life hack: How to hide your bra straps
You can have the most well-adjusted and fitted bra in the universe but one way or another, those pesky straps will show through on the top you are wearing.
If you’re sick of this happening, there’s a really quick and ingenious way to get them to stay hidden away with having to resort to painful clips and clasps.
Here’s how to do it.
What you’ll need
- 7 mm wide ribbon
- two sew in snaps
- matches and/or clear nail polish
- your favourite top or blouse
Ad. Article continues below.
- Cut the ribbon the same length as the width of your top’s shoulders then singe with a lit match so they don’t fray. Alternatively you can coat the ends with clear nail polish.
- Sew one of the snap ends onto the end of the ribbon and the other onto the fabric of the shirt/top (make sure they face each other if you were to bring them together.
- In the shoulder of your top, sew the ribbon into place on one side and leave the end with the snap loose or snapped together. Repeat on the other side with another ribbon.
When you’re getting dressed, all you need to do is snap your bra strap into the little loop.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today