Ageing is a natural process that none of us can avoid. As we age, our body undergoes changes in a physiological process that changes the composition in our face. Adipose (fat) tissue reduces, skin becomes dry and wrinkly, and sagging occurs around the eyes and jowls as our energy declines.
The great news is there are numerous things we can all do and they don’t cost the earth. Here are 10 tips in slowing down the ageing process.
- Eat a nutrient rich diet that contains high amounts of anti-oxidants, beta carotene, fish oils, and vitamins B and E.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, and eating foods high in sugar, greasy fatty foods and refined carbohydrates.
- Avoid smoking, late nights and being consumed by electronic devices.
- Enjoy regular breaks in the day. 10 minutes will positively increase energy levels and improve mental clarity.
- Ensure your digestion, hormones, thyroid and general well-being are at optimal levels. Imbalances in any of these areas will see the ageing process flourish.
- Manage stress and other negative emotions. Although it is important to experience all these emotions, it is detrimental to your ageing process and more importantly your health when these emotions are experienced for the majority of the time.
- Work towards having healthy relationships with family/friends. As we grow, each of us will change based on our personal experiences. For this reason, friendships can often dissolve and relationships can hit road blocks. Discuss your needs and work towards having relationships that feed your soul.
- Avoid negative energy from others. Gossiping, envy, and jealousy are all negative and will instigate the release of inflammatory chemicals in the body. Work towards focusing on your own life and fulfilling your goals in all areas of your life. Remember your body is very disciplined and will simply do what you mind tells it to. So always encourage a positive mindset, avoid watching the news which creates fear and read positive self-help books that can switch your mind over to embracing positivity and success.
- Meditate regularly. A meditative state is a healing state. The immense benefit to your mind, body and soul achieved by meditating both at the start and end of your day is phenomenal.
- Exercise regularly. Encouraging the healthy circulation of blood throughout the entire body and the release of endorphins is fantastic for the health of your mind and body.
Bonus tip: skin care to beautify your skin
The most important thing you can do is to take care of your skin by using a specialised skincare that is concentrated with healing ingredients such as anti-oxidants, vitamins A, B and E, and healing oils. It should also be free of nasty chemicals such as parabens, and PEGs as these chemicals enter through your skin and go straight to your blood stream.
Tell us, are you concerned about ageing?