It’s getting in to the summer months and one of the best ways to accessorise and look fresh is to wear a headscarf. They come in some many different patterns, you’re likely to have a few around the house.
So dust them off and put them on! Before you do, here’s 8 of the easiest ways to tie them so you don’t just wear the classic Thelma and Louise!
Which is your favourite?
(1) Scarf Rose
- Tie ends A and D into a double knot (AD)
- Bring C under AD
- Place end B under and over end C creating a twist (BC).
- Hang knot AD over twist BC
- Quickly pull ends B and C in the opposite directions
- Bring end of the scarf rose together at the top of your head and double knot
- Tuck in the ends
(2) Modern bow turban
- Fold your scarf in a triangle and place over your head
- Cross the longer ends of the back of your head and bring them to the front
- Tie the ends into a knot and then into a bow
- Take any loose ends and tuck into the scarf
- Tuck the long end at the back into the back of the scarf
(3) Flowing turban
- Fold your scarf into a triangle and place over your head
- Tie the longer ends in a knot and then into a bow at the back of your head
- Twist around so the ends are on one side of your head
(4) Exotic turban
- Tie the scarf around your head keeping its pointy end in front of your face
- Bring the ends to the back and tie them twice
- Lift the pointy end of the scarf and tuck it under the knot that you created
- Tuck the ends under the edges of the scarf
(5) Twisted headband
- Place the scarf at the base of your head and hold ends over then cross
- Tie at the base and tuck the ends in
(6) Ring headband
- Take the end and thread your ring through til it’s in the centre of the scarf.
- Tie at the base of your head and tuck in the ends.
(7) Retro headband
- Fold your scarf diagonally and double knot at the top of your head
- Cross the ends at the back of your head and hide under the rest of the scarf
- For a more vintage look, pull the scarf higher up
(8) Pretty bow headband
- Take your scarf and place around the top of your head
- Cross over at the base of your head then bring the ends up to the top and tie one knot
- Tie a bow with the ends and straighten up
For the full video on how to complete these looks, click here.